The National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association is seeking research applications for new investigator startup grants or post doctoral study focused on research aimed at increasing understanding of spasmodic dysphonia.
Small seed money grants to new or established investigators for up to $50,000 (excluding indirect costs) per year will be awarded. These can be for startup grants enabling successful applicants to subsequently seek funding from the National Institutes of Health or may provide partial support for post doctoral research training relating to spasmodic dysphonia.
We are interested in hypothesis-driven research related to new approaches aimed at increasing understanding of Spasmodic Dysphonia that focuses on the following areas:
- Endogenous and environmental risk factors for the development of Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Pathophysiology of central nervous system dysfunction in Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Animal models for Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Novel approaches to the treatment of Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Diagnostic tools for Spasmodic Dysphonia
- Controlled studies of treatment outcomes in Spasmodic Dysphonia
The deadline to submit an application is June 2. Click on the link below to open up a MS Word version of the Grant Application.