How Can I Help?
The NSDA is a grass-roots organization driven by the passion of our volunteers, healthcare professionals, and staff, but we need your continued support to help carry out our mission.
- Join and support the NSDA. As our membership increases so does our ability to make a difference. A louder, stronger voice will increase research funding and will ultimately lead to a cure for SD.
- Start a support group in your area. You may be surprised to find that there are more people in your community with SD than you would expect.
- Make visits to your legislator and participate in Dystonia Advocacy Day.
- Raise awareness not just on April 16 – World Voice Day, but every day by talking about SD with your family, friend, co-workers, and neighbors. Speak up, speak out, and be heard!
- Volunteer to participate in clinical research trials. The NSDA notifies members when studies are on-going in their area.
- Consider brain donation to help propel scientific understanding of SD.
- Remember the NSDA in your will. Setting a bequest, trust, or deferred gift can help sustain the organization in the future.
- Financially support NSDA's activities and projects. Naming opportunites are available.